- 18.03.2011Ukraine reduces the dependence on imported meat
Ukraine is still dependent on import of meat, but year by year our country decreases the volumes of its import. It was announced by the Minister of Agricultural Policy and Food of Ukraine, Nikolay Prisyazhnyuk during the press-conference in Ternopol, as informed by UNIAN.
- 10.02.2011The Ministry of Economical Development purposes to impose the licensing of meat import.
The Ministry of Economical Development and Trade of Ukraine applied to the Cabinet Council with the offer to include lard and pork into the list of products, the import of which should be subject to licensing in 2011. The corresponding resolution was placed at the web-site of the Ministry of Economical Development and Trade of Ukraine for discussion.
- 31.01.2011In 2011 Ukraine will import approximately 100 thousands tons of pork, - preliminary calculations.
According to calculations of Ministry of Agricultural Policy and Food, Ukraine will import approximately 100 thousands tons of pork in 2011.
- 12.12.2010Customs Union: Veterinary Services will create the United Register.
Veterinary Services of the Customs Union countries are going to create joint system of the
registration of foreign enterprises for the right of products delivery to the Common Union
Market, which is supervised by State Veterinary Inspectorate.
- 05.11.2010The sale of frozen chicken meat will be wholly forbidden in Russia.
Starting from 1st of January 2011 the sale of deep frozen poultry meat will be wholly forbidden in Russia. Such declaration was made by Gennadiy Onischenko the Head of Russian Consumer Inspectorate and head sanitary inspector of Russia.
- 08.10.2010Ukrainian pork is allowed in Russia again.
The Russian agricultural supervision service adopted a decision of 7 October banning the import to Russia of the products from four Ukrainian facilities: «Baltsky dairy processing plant of products for children», and also from Shepetovka, Trostyanets and Vatutinsky meat processing plants.
- 22.09.2010Meat to be retained at the border.
Over the past month Ukrainian meat processing facilities, due to the absence of import materials had to increase procurement prices for animals. For the domestic meat industry this has been a unique situation when the prices for the market are set by the producer, increasing the cost of live weight pork and beef almost on the weekly basis.
- 03.08.2010Domestic «butchers» are taken are from crisis.
Domestic meat processors agreed with the government the issue of increasing the prices for their products. The companies signed a memorandum with the government, according to which the prices for meat and poultry will be set at the rate of 10,50—11 hrn/kg till the end of the year.
- 02.07.2010Ukrainian meat returns to Russia.
Yesterday Russia canceled the five-year lasting ban for the import of chicken from Ukraine. This news was announced by the head of the Russian Agricultural Supervision Service Sergey Dankvert, reports IA «OUR PRODUCT».
- 03.06.2010Ukraine closed the frontier for meat suppliers from Europe.
Owing to the detection in this meat of hazardous for human health infections it was banned to import to the country the products from Belgium, Poland and Germany. Ukraine introduced a temporary ban on the import of meat material, produced by a number of European companies.